We had a few questions in our ask box yesterday regarding Twisted’s ratings and how the Nielsen system works. Due to expressed interest, we’ve compiled a list of ways you can support Twisted and its cast/crew regardless of good or bad ratings and without being an official “Nielsen family.”
1. Tweet, Check-In, and Trend: Trending during a show’s airing may not seem like a lot, but Nielsen is working on creating a ratings system that tracks social response when a show airs. ABC Family (Disney) is actually working with them on this, a partnership which exists in part because so many of the network’s viewers interact through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, GetGlue, etc.) while they watch. Tracking social media interaction is a clear way to know how much positive response your show is getting, while also seeing viewers who aren’t a part of Nielsen’s sample. When you watch Twisted on Tuesdays, consider doing the following:
- Check-in to GetGlue and get the show trending as the #1 program for the 9 pm EST hour. If you can keep it trending in the 1 or 2 spot all the way through the west coast airing, even better! Screencap the trending page and tweet it over to the official ABC Family Twisted account @TwistedABCF.
- Interact with fans during the live east coast airing of the show and see if you can get the official show hashtags (#Twisted and #TwistedChat) trending in the US or Worldwide. You can even come up with your own special trends (or use the hashtags that appear on screen while the episode is airing). Whichever you use, work with other fans to let ABC Family know lots of us are watching.
*We’ve now included links to the show’s various social media pages in our sidebar. Bookmark them, stop by our tumblr before the show, whatever works for you. Just be sure to share that you’re watching somewhere.
2. Watch It Again: Nielsen takes into account online viewing when calculating its C3 ratings, and if you watch on Hulu you might have your views counted as part of those ratings. You must watch the show within 3 days of its original airing for it to count, and it’s important to note that not all views will go towards the C3 numbers. Only viewings that feature commercials which air on the actual network count. So watch as much as you want on Hulu to increase the chances of your viewing helping Twisted’s ratings. *To make it a snap to watch, check our Episode Guide for links to the show’s Hulu page (and episodes). You can also watch your dash for direct links on Wednesdays after the show airs.
3. Buy It For You (Or A Friend): Networks make shows to make money, so one of the best ways to support your show is by giving them what they want. Consider buying the episode on iTunes or Amazon after it has aired. That money goes to the network AND let’s them know you are watching; a double whammy. If enough people buy the episode and move it into the top TV downloads, screen cap it and tweet it to the show’s official twitter to create some buzz. *You can find Amazon and iTunes links in our Episode Guide.
4. Contact Them: One of the easiest ways to let ABC Family know you’re watching is by using their feedback form. Share how much you love the show and the direction its going. List some of your favorite things about the episode after it airs. Come back to the feedback form week after week and tell ABC Family directly that you love Twisted and want more! You can access the feedback form by clicking here. *We’ve included a link to ABCF’s feedback form in our sidebar.
Please consider reblogging this so other fans know how to voice their love for the show!